Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I made some goals

So, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about what I want from life and have made a few goals for myself to get me closer. Posting them makes it more likely for me to make progress towards attaining them.
  • Learn French. This is for two reasons. 1. I have always wanted to learn the language and 2. so I can move to Paris (which is hopefully a not so far fetched goal of mine).
  • Get 1000 page views on my blog in one day. I have a long way to go. Do that many people even care what I have to say? I guess we'll find out.
  • Make progress on the book ideas I have. The ultimate goal here is to get one published. I need to set aside time each week to work on this. Make a conscious effort.
  • Make time for myself, and not feel guilty about it.
  • Create a successful etsy shop.
  • Become an iMentor. I want to help someone and I think this is a way I would be good at that in NY.
  • Try a new recipe each week. I was doing really good at this one for a while, but I have slacked off.
  • Learn a way to express myself creatively. I like to try a lot of different things but I need to find one that works for me.
Now, if I just didn't have to sleep every day these goals would be a lot easier to complete. Looks like there is a lot of coffee in my future.

3 comments:

laura said...

i made a list of 25 things to do before i turn 26 and posted it on my blog hoping it would help me actually do them....i haven't checked any of them off yet lol

Artie said...

You should not write a book with the goal of getting published. Write just to write and the publishing may or may not come later. You don't want to put any kind of endgame in front of (for lack of a better term) your art.

I will now stop preaching and go back to playing Scrabble on Facebook.

Kelley, Sailing Chance said...

Let me rephrase that Artie, I would love to get published but that is not my goal. My goal is to write something I am proud of and if the publishers like it - so be it. :)

ps - why don't you play me on scrabble anymore? did I get too good for you?