Wednesday, July 22, 2009

10 things that make me happy...Carroll Gardens

Two views of the overstuffed garden

I am going to start a new feature on my blog. It will not have any set schedule for appearances, just know that it will appear :) I got my inspiration from one of my fav Domino (RIP) features and mixed it with this feature on Time Out NY. So 10 things that make me happy will be full of info that puts a smile on my face about any range of topics that interest me for the day.

I'm starting with my lovely neighborhood, Carroll Gardens. It truly is the best, and if I ever leave it, I will miss it terribly. Here are some of the things about it that make me happy.

1. Beautiful brownstone streets
2. The men at the pizza shop on my block that smile and wave at me when I walk by
3. Frankies 457
4. Old Italian men at the Men's club and their overstuffed garden. They seriously have every flower and vegetable know to man stuffed in a 20' x 20' space
5. Being able to run over the Brooklyn Bridge and through Prospect Park
6. Lucali
7. Graffiti wall that was created based off elementary students' artwork
8. The live music that I can hear from PJ Hanley's on the weekends
9. All the adorable babies and puppies that seem to crowd the streets
10. The tranny that asks me "Spare any change tonight?" when I get off the subway

No comments: