Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chicken Waffles

So, today I had my first official lunch with a gaming website we buy from a lot. They took us to this Jamacain/Southern fusion place. A weird combination, but it turned out to be delicious.

A few months back I was watching Bobby Flay and this Harlem woman do a throwdown for Chicken Waffles. At first, I thought it sounded disgusting. But as the show moved on, I was more and more intrigued and definitely wanted to try it out. SO, when I got to this restaurant and it was on the menu, I was sold although a little intimidated. 2 hours of waiting for our food to arrive (no joke) and my dish arrives. One piece of fried chicken and 2 waffles served with honey butter and syrup. Let me tell you, it was sooo good. I don’t eat fried chicken often at all, but I loved this. It was the perfect combination of crunchiness, saltiness, sweetness and fluffiness wrapped up into one bite!

No comments: