Monday, March 7, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray!

Yesterday I made waffles. Not just any waffles. I made rich, decadent sour cream waffles topped with rasberries and real maple syrup. An entire champagne bottle's worth of mimosas may have been consumed as well. All of this was in honor of my beautiful friend Katie. You see, Katie got a new fancy job and I wanted to celebrate. 8 waffles, 1 container of rasberries, a bottle of champagne, a few splashes of orange juice, and a Pretty Woman viewing later we were both very happy and full. Congrats again Katie, I'm so excited for you!

I was too excited to eat the waffles after I poured on the syrup, so here is the picture before.

Dillen was also there to help us celebrate. I was dog sitting for the day.


5 comments:

Aesthete No 1 said...

Thanks again for the waffles, lady! They were scrumptious, as was your company for the afternoon. :)

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

Mmmmmm. You had me at mimosa's!
Those look delish!

Kelley, Sailing Chance said...

Katie - It was my pleasure!

Brittany - Mimosas are always delicious! Especially when consumed by the bottle ;)

Paula said...

what a great blog! I`m so happy I found it! Here is so many inspirations and I love it! <3

Have a nice time,
Paula

Kelley, Sailing Chance said...

Hey Paula - Thanks for the compliments! It's always great to hear someone enjoys what I'm writing :)

You have a great day too!