Friday, March 4, 2011

Georgetown Cupcakes

Have you guys heard of a little show called DC Cupcakes? Well, I hadn't either until this past weekend. I was down in DC visiting Jessie and she wanted to check out Georgetown Cupcakes in the cute Georgetown neighborhood of DC. Who am I to stand in the way of a girl with a sweet tooth? So, we headed out there and stood in line for the chance to try some of the famed sweet treats. And we waited. And waited. And waited. All the attention from the show sure created quite the line, but I have to say the wait was definitely worth it. These little cupcakes were not only adorable, they were delicious!

The great display of cupcakes. Flavors rotate daily, and seasonally.

The red velvet cupcake.

I think this was the chocolate2.

So while we waited in the loooong line, Jessie and I spent a good amount of time trying to narrow down the flavors we wanted to get. The longer we waited, the more cupcakes we decided we were buying. Our thought process went like this:

"Well, we waited all this time, I want to try a couple flavors."

"Ok, we'll each pick two flavors and we'll split them."

"I think I'll get the peanut butter chocolate one, and then red velvet"

"OK, I want vanilla2 and carrot"

"Eww, carrot cake?"

"OK, let's get half a dozen then. It's only $15. We can eat the rest later and bring them home"

"Great idea."

Well, we did get six cupcakes. But, we didn't have any left over when we finally got home that night. We ate half at the bakery, and then the rest for a snack later that night. And our review? DELICIOUS. We each had a different favorite, but we thought all of them were so good.

Our six cupcakes came so cutely packed.

Our selection: toffee crunch, vanilla2, carrot, peanut butter fudge, strawberry and red velvet. My favs were the toffee crunch and the vanilla2.

Those cupcakes didn't stand a chance.

1 comment:

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

(I'm catching up on a little back reading because I missed reading last week due to studying for my test.)

These look SOOOOO good! I've always wanted to go to Georgetown Cupcakes so I'm super jealous!!!