Monday, July 26, 2010

Delaware Water Gap

Last weekend I made it out of the city and to the Delaware Water Gap for a couple of days of camping, hiking and swimming. We headed about 2 hours out of the city, into the good ole state of Pennsylvania. Our campground was right on the water and we had such a fun time! The best part was, we got to stop at Dairy Queen on the way home! Nothing like a Strawberry Cheesequake blizzard to make tired legs feel better.

Our river front campground view. Amazing.

This was the terrain I had to hike. It's no wonder I ended up bruised, beaten, and scrapped up! Luckily I had some strong men to help me get through it.

Another part of our trail. Not so much over the river, but through the river and through the woods.

Such vibrant flowers along the riverbed.

Dewey's testing out the water. She was such a good hiker!

One of the many waterfalls along our journey. So refreshing to get out of the city for a weekend.

No comments: