Sunday, January 10, 2010

My life as an unemployed

Being unemployed isn't all it's cracked up to be. Actually, I don't really know anyone who thinks it's is grand, but people have been telling me to use the time "for myself." Whatever that is. While I may have a lot more time on my hands each day, I am progressively less and less motivated. When I used to go to the gym, make an omelet, answer 100 emails all before 10am I now (sometimes) cannot even find the time to brush my teeth until at least 2pm. It's gross, I know.

When I first was laid off I had a "go get 'em" attitude and actually started a bunch of projects I had been wanting to do. Started. This week my plan is to finish the dress I started, finish refinishing my chair, finish restoring an old photo of my grandpa and actually cook healthy meals for myself. I am also starting a French class. Something I have always wanted to do!

Please also note that I am mercilessly applying for jobs. I am not sure how much longer I can handle not having a full time job.

1 comment:

laura said...

i used to think being unemployed would be fun but not so much lol especially when everyone else works