Thursday, November 5, 2009

Itutu

Last night a friend and I headed down to BAM to catch Itutu, which is part of the 2009 New Wave Festival. For those of you not familiar with BAM, it's the Brooklyn Academy of Music. I was pretty excited about the show. When I read that the show was described as, "club electronica and ancient Burkinabé rhythms combine with off-kilter ballet and traditional African dance," I knew I had to go. It was definitely unique, and definitely amazing. Some of the dancers could of used a little more control (I think I watch too much SYTYCD), but it was very entertaining. I would describe it as a combination of the Nutcraker and the African Drum festivals I ran by in Prospect Park this summer. I think my favorite number was the music that sounded like the Mario theme song mixed with scary Halloween music. A great way to spend a Wednesday night.

No comments: