Friday, July 3, 2009

My life revolves around food.

I came to the realization today that my life truly revolves around food. I always knew it was the source of most of my thoughts and desires, but today I realized how bad my obsession was. I was in my yoga class this morning trying to be all zen. When the instructor was telling us to clear our minds, I was only mildly successful. All my everyday worries went out of my head, but I couldn't help but think about what kind of pizza sister and I were going to order later. Some one has a problem.

(L) Sister is not too happy to wait an hour for pizza.
(R) Some interesting art to entertain the people in line. I actually like it.

So, after my yoga class sister and I headed up to Grimaldi's in Dumbo. The line is always SUPER long, but sister's coworkers told her it was a must to try before she left NY. After an hour waiting in line, sister and I ate an entire large pepperoni pizza. We decided it was a good idea to walk home to try and balance the indulgence. Three hours later and I still feel ill. I don't think it was as good as Lucali, but at $14 bucks it is definitely more affordable. I swear I have eaten more pizza in the 5 weeks that sister has been here than in my entire 3 years in NY.

No comments: