Sunday, June 14, 2009

I make a mean veggie lasagna

Hello dear readers (that means you Johnny!) and Happy Flag Day. How was your weekend? Mine was quite nice, thanks for not really asking :) This weekend I chose to keep it quite chill which was needed. I was still unwinding from my whirlwind week of traveling. It really is quite exhausting. 

Friday night I FINALLY made it to Lucali. We had to wait about 2 hours, but they are nice enough to call you when your table is ready so you can head on over. Let me tell you, it was SO worth the wait. One of the most amazing pizzas I have ever had - and we only ordered a pepperoni. Definitely should be on anyone's "Places I want to try" list. 

Saturday I spent my day shopping and avoiding impeding thunderstorms. Somehow I managed to emerge un-soaked and even snagged a few good deals along the way. I must of picked up some good things because some man driving by me said I looked "Beautiful. Amazing. Stunning." Creepy, but still put a smile on my face. 

Sunday I went to brunch at Watty & Meg, despite my desire to eat at Pacifico who always manages to satisfy (Last time I go against my gut or a trusted review). If this place is on your "Places I want to try" list, go ahead and scratch it off now. Service is terrible, and the food is mediocre at best. They really need to get their act together if they want to stay around. After brunch we headed to see The Hangover. Amazing. One of the funniest movies I have seen. I have always liked Bradley Cooper (I mean, he's just so cute), but he really shined. If you are one of the few who have not seen this one - go see it now. You'll be sorry if you don't. On the way home I picked up tons of fresh ingredients to make one of the most amazing veggie lasagnas I have ever made. I even shared with my sister and new neighbor/old roomie. So excited to eat the leftovers this week.

Up this week: Lunch at A Voce, Twitter conference, reuniting with a friend that I haven't seen in way too long, a little R&R, a book club meeting, and who knows what else will come about. I am already exhausted.

PS. I am 97% sure I am going to run the Philly half marathon in September. Wish me luck! 

No comments: