Sunday, May 3, 2009

A great day in Brooklyn

It was a great day in Brooklyn yesterday - despite the crummy forecast. As the clouds faded away I made my way to the Brooklyn Flea in Fort Greene with a friend. If you haven't had the chance to check it out you really should. There are a ton of great vendors, jewelry designers and artists that set up shop each weekend. I may have spent just a tad too much money but I left full and with some great items. 

A couple of my favorite booths were Birdhouse  Jewelry where I scored some great gold bangles, Very Cool Jewels, Australian Scent, and Choice Market where I had an absolutely delicious (and giant) brownie cookie. I love being able to support local businesses and designers. There were so many great booths and I can't wait to go back another weekend! 

After scoring some great finds (friend's highlights were a mustache necklace and a brass bull we named Salvadore) we headed over to the Outpost Cafe and enjoyed some sangria in their garden (where I snapped the picture above). It really was a great day in Brooklyn.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Salvadore! Ole!