Friday, March 27, 2009

Living on my Lonesome

Living on my own was never something I just had to do in my life - I like having people around to tell me when my outfit looks ridiculous. However, I do. And, I have learned to embrace my solitude and actually enjoy my alone time. Some of the best things about having your own place in my opinion are:
  • Not having to have a schedule to use the shower.
  • Always being able to watch the tv shows I want to watch.
  • The apartment is always as clean as I left it. If the dishes pile up, it's my fault.
  • Being able to keep all my products in the bathroom where they belong and not in a basket in my bedroom.
  • Not having to worry about drunk roommates coming home (not that this was ever really a problem of mine, but it could of been).
  • Being able to decorate any way my heart desires.
While that may sound just dandy, living alone is not always roses and sunsets. Sometimes you just get bored (which is probably why I am always out and about). But, not to worry - Sister is coming to live with me this summer while she has an internship! I am so excited. I look forward to doing the things that I miss about having roommates with her:
  • Having someone to watch tv with and veg out when I really don't feel like going out.
  • Only doing dishes half of the time. (I know you are looking forward to this sister)
  • Having some one to share my cooking creations with.
  • Having a built in brunch buddy again.
  • Gossiping whenever possible (even if it is over reruns of Gossip Girl - oh summer time)
  • PLUS SO MUCH MORE
I look forward to the sisterly bonding (and arguing) that will come. I love her so much and I can't wait for her to get here. May 21st will be here before I know it.

No comments: