Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jumping back on the Pilates bandwagon

So I have tried pilates a few years ago when I was in college. My cheer coach decided we were all too fat and need help exercising correctly. He made us take pilates classes to undo the bulking up of our legs that spinning created. I didn't hate pilates, I just didn't feel that it accomplished anything and quickly abandoned it as soon as I quit cheering.

However, I recently tried out a class at my gym in Brooklyn and absolutely love it. Maybe I understand how to do the excercises better and control my body more or maybe the instructors in Gainesville didn't know what they were doing, but I can feel every excercise working. I have now gone to two classes and I can already see my body transforming into the "pilates body." I feel stronger, more toned, and lean. I can't wait for my class tomorrow!

No comments: