Sunday, February 7, 2010

1 down, 8 to go.

This morning I dragged my tired butt out of bed at the crack of dawn in order to run a fun 4 mile race in Central Park. The good news is I am now one race closer to running the NY Marathon (you have to run 9 qualifying races for guaranteed entry), the bad news it was freaking cold out there! I'm talking really, really cold. My finger nails still hurt. Finger. Nails. I think they said it "felt like" 5 degrees or something really absurd. I looked ridiculous running it, too. Running tights, thermal shirt under a fleece under a windbreaker, scarf and topped off with a pink hat. I couldn't keep the boys off of me.

Spent the rest of my day curled up in bed reading the NY Times, drinking Yoo-Hoo. Ah, Sundays.

1 comment:

KR said...

I'm determined to run a race this summer. You are very motivating! And CONGRATS on the new job! =)