- Use reusable grocery bags (I now proudly sport a black Publix bag I "borrowed" from my mom. Oh how I truly miss Publix)
- Always unplug unused electronics. I even have two separate power strips - one for things that must stay on (ie. DVR) and one for things that can be plugged in on an as needed basis (ie. computer speakers)
- Try out an environmentally friendly laundry detergent. This is a new addition for me.
- Continue to only buy green cleaning products
- Sleep on my organic cotton sheets
- Use natural light - which is a lot easier now that the days are getting longer!
- Try to eat local, which not only supports my local community it helps cut down on fuel costs! Yeah for awesome farmers markets.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Happy Earth Day!
While I have been trying to "greenify" my life for a while now, it is on days like today that I want to do even more than before. While I can't exactly pledge to plant trees in my nonexistent front yard, I am going to go beyond simply buying environmentally friendly cleaning supplies and energy efficient light bulbs. Whenever given the opportunity I will go green. Some of the things I already do, but others will be welcome additions: