Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sex and Spinning

The time is 6:48 am and I am 18 minutes into my morning spinning class. I am visualizing myself really pedaling down a dirt road and working my way up a hill (visions of my time at the Mount Dora Bike Festival come to mind) just as the instructor has told us to do. Just a little longer and we can release the tension. OK we are done. And all of a sudden I hear a huge loud sigh. But not just a "woo we made it" sigh, but a more of a "OMG that felt amazing" sigh. I look up and it’s this older woman who has to be in her 60s. This is disturbing on so many levels. She continued to make these noises through the rest of the class (because obviously that was not our only challenge of the morning) and it continues to disturb me more and more. No one wants to think about a grandmother having sex, but with her making sounds like that it’s impossible not to. Next time I am sitting on the other side of the room.

No comments: