Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kelley Homemaker

So I have been desperately trying to decorate my new apartment and make it feel "homey." The last three weekends I have spent hours fabric shopping with my friend Katie and sewing pillows and curtains. As usual, I completely underestimated the amount of time each of these would take. Fabric shopping alone took two days to find what I was looking for. My friend and I went to at least 10 different fabric stores if not more.

Anyhow, I am very pleased with how everything turned out. The pillows, pictured below, bring a pop of color to what a certain someone calls my ugly couch. The plan is to paint the walls the lightest color of "greyeige". The design blogs tell me its the IT color now. The curtains are a pretty grey color and have tiny little dots on them so they don't seem so flat. I'll post pictures once I find a curtain rod to hang them from. All I want is a plain silver rod with balls on the end and I can't seem to find it. Oh well, i'll find it eventually.




No comments: